¿No habla usted inglés?

Ok, I admit it; I'm tired of Spanish...especially since I can't read it:D No offense to our border-hopping buddies, of course.


Beth, you are not allowed to tell me how bad my Spanish was.

Beth, you are allowed to tell me how bad the free translator was.



Ok, I have to admit something else. Yes, I got sucked into the whirlpool of the blog world, only hopefully I can manage to stay along the outward fringes of it. Ok, wait, that's not going to be a problem. I'm not even going to pretend that I'm going to post more often than once every three months. Sure, like many new bloggers, maybe I'll post twice in the first three months! You can be sure, however, that I will not get around to posting very often, though. After all, got to keep those cookies coming. That's the only thing that's keeping me off the streets of Denver. So either I blog or I make cookies. It's that simple; only if I decide to blog instead, please send me a good, dirty, bedraggled piece of cardboard. After all, that's what everyone needs in order to beg on street corners.



I guess the main purpose of my blog at this point is basically to play host to some of the things I've written. Yup, poetry, short stories, and the like. NO essays, though. As much as I like to write, essays do not put that little happy spot in my day. What I would really appreciate is some good feedback. What you liked, what you didn't like, that sort of thing.


And now, I shall begin to prove my weirdness. Here is a disturbing picture.




















Yes, it's me; I don't know whether that's fortunate or unfortunate.

Next, here is a poem I wrote a couple of years ago.




The clock has struck the quarter before,
The butlers are standing at the door.
The time draws near
In this building here.
Two bitter enemies will meet
(For neither will admit defeat)
And hold a parley
Over barley.

The chef with host of waiters grave
The dish into butlers' hands he gave.
Then step was heard,
A voice, one word.
Two bitter enemies have met
And come to prove the other's debt
And hold a parley
Over barley.

The doors are shut and butlers wait
For signal from the leaders great.
The hand is waved,
The dish is raised.
Two bitter enemies agree,
It is an awful thing indeed
To have a parley
Over barley.


















Yummy, yummy! :D




-rjentina






Go, Rays, btw.

11 comments: (+add yours?)

Abbey said...

I wondered why there was a picture of barley on our desktop...
I linked to you on my blog. You can thank me later as you start to get more comments. < inside joke > You can thank me later.

Becka Travers said...

What inside joke?

Did you exclude even me from that one?!

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Nice photo...we all have our rough days.

Are you a theological whiz kid like your sister?

If so, I can always use help...even just to argue with some of these guys while I go for a walk.

Cheers,

Russ

Abbey said...

Later, Bek, later. I think you would get my meaning if you thought harder... :P

Ben&Brit said...

Nice one, Beck! I forgot about that poem. I think I read it, but I for some reason thought you didn't write it. :-)

David said...

Wow! Impressive philosophy.

I still think it's funny you gave in to peer pressure and started a blog. ha ha ha

Great Googly Moogly! said...

All right! Another from the "Lakewood Loonies" has decided to bless the world with some more weirdness and wackiness. The Worm will have some competition here, I think! :-)

Now that you've given in and joined the "Blogosphere", can I share with the universe the righteous rapping of BT and Groove Machine? Aw...come on! It was an awesome performance that will go down in history (whether you like it or not! :-) as the coolest, hippest "O Christmas Tree" rap ever conceived and performed by mortal man...or, in this case, WOman!

"After all, got to keep those cookies coming."

You've got my AMEN to that!

As for the photograph...would we expect anything else from you? :-)

As for the poem...muy bueno, BT "justos rapero". Me gusta la poesía que estás mucho. Es muy cool!

GGM

Ellen K. Smith said...

Poems that rhyme scare me...

*Has no idea why*

Becka Travers said...

It takes me a LONG time to write poems that rhyme and make sense. Sometimes I wonder why I don't just give up. :D

Steven said...

First and foremost, I would suggest to clarify what kind of feedback you would like to receive. Type A. being good high quality usable feedback, and type B. Unusable gibberish.

"our border-hopping buddies"
They are called "undocumented workers" Be ye forewarned!

That poem was great! It almost made me want to change my wicked ways. (almost)

Well, here's a solution for you to be able to make your family happy with cookies, be able to use that piece of cardboard, and blog!
ARE you READY? And, because some things are hard to do, I always make lists in steps. (cough cough)
1. Get piece of cardboard
2. Write on cardboard some sob story
3. Go to Santa Fe. and Mississippi
4. Make money and get life experience
5. Use money to buy family cookies
6. Tell family that cookies are home made
7. Blog about experiences

Take it from me, most of Denver's homeless, are really, really, really crazy, harmless, but crazy.
Just never turn your back to them and you'll probably be fine. :P

I would suggest to post lots of essays. That way you don't have to do extra work. You do stuff for school, and then "PRESTO-CHANGEO!" you have a whole blog post! (just think about it)

Now, about this captcha you have enabled. I have to type "medrett" to leave a comment. This is very close to becoming too much work.. In addition, don't you like those "click here" comments??!

Ok, I'm done. See what happens when you ask for suggestions?!

Becka Travers said...

A little of each kind of comment would be nice, but of course, I wouldn't want to make you work too hard! :D

One more thing, do you think you could break down those steps a little more? I'm having trouble following them.